Direct Account Manager, Food Business
Direct Account Manager, Food Business is responsible for managing all aspects of the selling process and relationship management for a defined set of customers and potential customers for Invisible Sentinel’s food quality segment of our product portfolio. Responsibilities include: targeting new potential customers, developing and implementing plans to gain commitment with potential customers, closing the business in new customers, retaining and growing the business with existing customers, and launching new products in new and existing customers. This position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of customer training, initially and ongoing, working with the technical support team. For this role, the customer segment can be described as mid to large food and beverage companies located throughout the U.S. (candidates should live near a major airport). Ideally, the Direct Account Manager, Food Business has a strong understanding of quality management and/or the food safety industry.
- Deliver revenue target for defined set of accounts/potential accounts
- Utilize a consultative selling approach to drive new business and grow existing accounts; develop sustainable and high value customer relationships
- Initiate relationships with targeted potential accounts, qualify customers, gain commitment and close business
- Ensure successful technology evaluations at the customer site, including technical customer training and protocols for adoption into the customer’s food quality program
- Develop and execute account plans that drive long-term customer commitment and deliver results
- Support current customers to maintain and grow product utilization; anticipate customer requirements and work through account difficulties
- Develop understanding of food safety processes and the customers’ businesses to optimize customer adoption of the technology
- Launch new products and meet new product revenue targets
- Provide input to corporate on customer needs, new product requirements and key investments.
- Document and analyze sales results; forecast future purchasing patterns by account and for the territory
- Serve as first-line technical support for customers, accessing other resources within the company when necessary
- Collaborate with other members of the Invisible Sentinel team to ensure customer support, management of account priorities and achieving the overall company goals
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, multi-tasking and cross-functional environment
- Must have an unsurpassed commitment to delivering results
- Strong customer facing communications skills with a propensity for consultative interactions
- Team-oriented and proactive attitude; ability to communicate and interact effectively with team members and management
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to apply scientific concepts to product relevancy
- Ability to independently plan and execute account plans
- Sound territory management skills in order to appropriately prioritize time and focus on new and existing customers
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills including sales reporting, customer contact information and forecasting capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- >5 years of successful sales experience with a proven track record for achieving sales target
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated success
- Excellent analytical skills; proficient with Excel and customer database management
- Ability to learn, communicate and sell scientific principles and technical information
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and met deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety and/or HACCP
- Ability to travel, extensively
- Experience with molecular biology, microbiology, or genetic methods
The Account Manager, Food Business reports directly to the Head of Sales.
INVISIBLE SENTINEL, prides itself on not restricting the limits of the career opportunities that employees can pursue as the company realizes its goal of becoming a global diagnostic biotechnology leader. Invisible Sentinel encourages both the professional and personal growth of our employees and is committed to supplying our employees with the resources they need to realize their full potential.
INVISIBLE SENTINEL, a global molecular solutions company based in Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing first-in-class microbial detection tools. The company’s core technology, Veriflow®, is a patented, game-changing platform that integrates molecular diagnostics, antibody design, and immunoassays. Veriflow® has been applied across multiple industries including food safety and beverage quality.
Resumes can be submitted by email: email@example.comApply Now