Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for managing the beginning of the selling process for prospective customers as well as relationship management for a defined set of current customers for Invisible Sentinel’s product portfolio. Responsibilities include: finding and targeting new potential customers, working very closely with the direct outside sales team in developing appropriate next steps with potential customers, retaining and growing the business with existing customers, and launching new products to new and existing customers. For this role, the customer segment can be described as mid to large food and beverage companies, breweries and wineries located throughout North America. Ideally, the Inside Sales Representative has a strong understanding of the food quality management and/or the food safety industry. This position will be located at the Invisible Sentinel’s West Philadelphia corporate office.
Help to deliver revenue target for defined set of current and potential accounts
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate outside sales representatives for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects within the assigned geography
- Perform effective online presentations to prospects
- Support current customers to maintain and grow product utilization; anticipate customer requirements and work through account difficulties
- Develop understanding of food safety processes and the customer needs to optimize customer adoption of the technology
- Help launch new products and meet new product revenue targets
- Document and analyze sales results; forecast future purchasing patterns by account and for the territory
- Serve as first-line technical support for customers, accessing other resources within the company when necessary
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, multi-tasking and cross-functional environment
- Must have an unsurpassed commitment to delivering results
- Strong customer facing communications skills with a propensity for consultative interactions
- Team-oriented and proactive attitude; ability to communicate and interact effectively with team members and management
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to apply scientific concepts to product relevancy
- Ability to independently plan and execute account plans
- Sound territory management skills in order to appropriately prioritize time and focus on both new and existing customers
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills including sales reporting, customer contact information and forecasting capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- >2 years of successful sales experience (inside sales preferred) with a proven track record for achieving sales target
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated success
- Excellent analytical skills; proficient with Microsoft office applications and customer resource management tools
- Ability to learn, communicate and sell scientific principles and technical information
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and met deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety and/or HACCP. Experience with molecular biology, microbiology, or genetic methods
The Inside Sales Representative reports directly to the Head of Sales.
INVISIBLE SENTINEL, prides itself on not restricting the limits of the career opportunities that employees can pursue as the company realizes its goal of becoming a global diagnostic biotechnology leader. Invisible Sentinel encourages both the professional and personal growth of our employees and is committed to supplying our employees with the resources they need to realize their full potential.
INVISIBLE SENTINEL, a global molecular solutions company based in Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing first-in-class microbial detection tools. The company’s core technology, Veriflow®, is a patented, game-changing platform that integrates molecular diagnostics, antibody design, and immunoassays. Veriflow® has been applied across multiple industries including food safety and beverage quality.