The Platform, respectively, a web-based and a mobile platform for showcasing and selling the Invisible Sentinel family of products dealing with the sale of diagnostic kits for use in food and beverage safety and quality detection of microroganisms.
1. Information Collected
We collect information about you in three ways:
Information you provide: When you create an account (the “Invisible Sentinel Account”) or log into the Platform, you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information about yourself including the following: name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, user name and password. In the course of your use of the Platform you will be able to provide additional information, including without limitation, commenting on content appearing on the Platform, communicating with other users of the Platform or uploading content into the Platform.
Information from Third Parties and other Sources: Third parties may provide us with information on you. We may also obtain additional commercially available information from third parties.
Information from Your Use of the Platform and/or the App: We may collect information about the pages that you visit on the Platform and the content that you view and how you react to them. This information includes:
- Device Information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, Internet browser or mobile internet browser, unique device identifiers, and, if applicable, mobile network information including phone number, IP address of your mobile device). Invisible Sentinel may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Invisible Sentinel Account(s).
- Log Information – When you use the Platform or view content provided in the Platform, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including with respect to your usage of the Platform, pages you visited, the content you viewed, errors experienced, the web pages you visited and the websites you visited before or after you visit the Platform, etc.
- Location Information – We may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique Application Numbers – Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Invisible Sentinel when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
2. Cookies and Other Technologies
3. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
When you contact Invisible Sentinel, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- To contact you, including via email, to respond to your comments or requests for information;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Platform, or any services, as requested;
- To improve our products and services and identify, develop or offer new products and services;
- To contact you with more information about Invisible Sentinel and its products and services;
- To customize your experience, content or homepage on the Platform and/or the App, including providing you with more relevant products, services or content;
- To generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research which may be used in marketing our services to you or to third parties;
- To provide any legitimate business service or product.
When showing or providing you with tailored content, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information about you received from several sources, including without limitation, the information described above under “Information from Third Parties and other Sources” and “Information from Your Use of the Platform” in order to create more tailored personalized promotions of certain products and services for you and to better market our products and services to you and to third parties. We may share such personal information, in an aggregated non-personally identifiable manner, with third parties.
4. Data Sharing and Transfer
Invisible Sentinel will not trade, sell or share your personal information for use by any third party except in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent.
- With Your Third Party Service Providers – If your Invisible Sentinel Account is managed for you by a third party service provider then such service providers will have access to your Invisible Sentinel Account information (including your email and other data).
Notwithstanding the aforesaid in this Section 4 above:
- we may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, publicly and with companies or financial institutions that perform marketing services on our behalf or with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing arrangements. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
- we may sell such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information to third parties.
- we may combine information collected about you we already have about you, and share it, in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable manner, with third parties.
In the event that Invisible Sentinel is involved in a transaction such as a merger, stock purchase, bankruptcy or sale of substantially all of Invisible Sentinel’s assets, your personal information may be transferred to the other party in such transaction. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice through the Platform and/or App of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. We will not provide such notice if doing so is not reasonably possible due to the nature of the proceedings, including in the case of a bankruptcy.
5. Children’s Privacy
The services provided by the Platform are not directed at children and children are not intended as the audience of the Platform. Accordingly, the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act do not apply to this Platform. We encourage all parents to talk to their kids about online safety and to monitor their children’s use of the Internet and mobile applications.
6. Security; Access outside the United States
Your personal information will generally be stored on behalf of Invisible Sentinel by WordPress . We will not store credit card information. WordPress or similar third party service providers and will be granted the protections and will be subject to the security procedures utilized by such service provider, whose data protection and privacy protections may not afford the same level of protection as required by laws of certain countries, such as the member nations of the European Union. If you wish to receive information about such third party service providers, you may make such request using use the contact information set forth at the end of this document, including the phrase “Third Party Service Providers” in the subject line, and providing us with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request. We make no claims that the Platform or any of their respective contents are appropriate or may be downloaded or accessed outside of the United States. If you access the Platform from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your country. You may not use or export any content of the Platform in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations.
Please note that the servers containing your information would become accessible in the event of a security breach. Also, transmissions via the Internet and mobile networks are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to our Platform may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personally identifiable information collected by Invisible Sentinel, please contact us at the e-mail address shown below.
Data transmitted via the Platform may use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, and data may be encrypted on some pages of the Platform. To the extent such technology is utilized on a given page, you may be unable to use certain account or customization features of the Platform unless your web browser software supports such encryption.
7. Access to your Information
We attempt to keep your files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We tell you how and where to conveniently access your personal information and how to notify us about errors. We offer several ways for you to access and/or update the personal information in the Invisible Sentinel Account:
- You may log in to the Platform and enter any new information about yourself.
- You also may write to us directly if you wish to: (a) update or delete your personally identifiable information; (b) close your account; or (c) request that we cease sending you promotional or other information via mail or e-mail. Such written requests should be sent to Invisible Sentinel at the address below. We will comply with requests for the deletion of information subject to the provisions of Section 8 below.
We reserve the right to deny access to personally identifiable information in your Invisible Sentinel Account (a) when such denial of access is required by law, (b) when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy, (c) to protect our rights and property, and (d) when such requests are frivolous or made in bad faith.
8. Choice and Opt Out Preference; Termination.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further e-mail communications from Invisible Sentinel, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from all of some of such communications by updating your preferences in your Invisible Sentinel Account or to write to us to opt out in accordance with the contact information below. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Invisible Sentinel, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us at the address below as well as to close your Invisible Sentinel Account.
If you wish to cancel your Invisible Sentinel Account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us in accordance with the contact information below.
We will retain your information for as long as your Invisible Sentinel Account is active or, for as long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate to (a) as needed to provide you services, (b) carry out the purpose(s) and the use(s) for which such information was collected, (c) comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations or (d) resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Special Notice to California Residents
Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please use the contact information set forth at the end of this document and please include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and email address. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
10. Do Not Track
Invisible Sentinel supports Do Not Track (“DNT’) with respect to your usage of the Platform. DNT is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
11. Questions or Comments
Invisible Sentinel, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
3711 Market Street, Suite 910
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Effective Date: 06-03-2014
Last Modified: 01-06-2016
Contact: Customer Service at 215-966-6118